McGill University Work Study Database & Web Client
(GitHub — Live Demo)
- Engineered a database-powered solution for McGill University’s Work Study application list as a replacement for their
140-page static CSV file posted online.
- Scraped and sanitized 6,370 public financial aid records from McGill’s servers.
- Modeled financial aid (work study) data and created the corresponding SQL schema.
- Constructed a database API using stored procedures to abstract away the underlying SQL internals
from client applications.
- Implemented a full stack web client using Flask, AngularJS, and Bootstrap, which allows students and
employers to easily view the status of Work Study applications.
- Designed and deployed a minimalistic URL shortener.
- Implemented a RESTful API for handling URL keys and values through a lightweight Flask backend.
- Employed a Redis datastore for the rapid generation and retrieval of URL keys and values.
- Languages Used: Python, HTML, CSS
- Designed a multimedia educational tool for learning touch-typing; demonstrates front-end technologies.
- Designed responsively using CSS3 to ensure that TalkingKeyboard is usable across all devices.
- Composed animation and graphical effects through the coupled use of jQuery and CSS.
- Incorporated efficient cross-browser speech synthesis through the use of the ResponsiveVoice API.
- Implemented a Java version of the Huffman compression algorithm.
- Utilized Multisets from Google’s Guava suite to allow efficient tree-building of Unicode data.
Comp 421 (Database Systems) Project
- Led a four-person team on the development of a medium-scale database system to handle the ticketing
and film scheduling needs for a movie theatre.
- Implemented a graphical network front-end application in Java using Swing and the JDBC API.
- Designed an XML schema to incorporate semi-structured XML data from IMDB.
- Wrote extensive documentation about the database system.